Senior Economic Development Officer – Haldimand County
Haldimand County is looking for a Senior Economic Development Officer. The position details are as follows:
- Temporary Full-Time (from date of hire until approximately March 16, 2018)
- Hours worked per week: 35 (required to work evenings and weekends from time to time)
- Wage Rate: $32.221 – $37.300 (2017 range)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager, Economic Development & Tourism, the incumbent will:
- act as team leader for various Economic Development and Tourism projects;
- provide work guidance on a day-to-day basis to the Researcher, Division Support and Student positions, and
- provide professional opinion(s), advice and recommendation(s) to the public and the Municipality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University undergraduate level – four years or equivalent (relative to area of responsibility – planning, economic development, marketing or business)
- over five years, up to and including six years current related experience and orientation, training & adjustment on the job itself
- Or equivalent to that combination.
- Must be a member in good standing of EDAC (Economic Developers Association of Canada).
- Ec.D Certification or MCIP, RPP registration considered an asset.
September 5, 2017 at 4:30pm
Click here for full details and application instructions.
Curatorial Administrator – Norwich & District Museum – Part Time
Are you a motivated individual interested in history, preserving it and showcasing it? The Norwich & District Museum is looking for a part-time Curatorial Administrator.
Click here for full job description. Call 519-863-3101, email email@example.com, or stop by Tuesdays to Saturdays between 10 am and 4 pm.
WindsorEats Cycle Tour Guide
WindsorEats is currently seeking individuals for positions as Cycle Tour Guide & Storyteller for our cycling tours.
Guides will be responsible for leading interactive, theme-based cycling tours and events that will provide attendees with enjoyable, engaging, and in-depth experiences of the neighbourhoods and local businesses of Windsor-Essex as well as provide attendees with in-depth knowledge about food and beverage tasting, industries and history.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Greet guests as they arrive for tours and socialize with them individually throughout the tour.
- Provide support to the group. Throughout the ride the Guide should make his/her way up and down the trail of riders to ensure that participants are safe.
- Be responsible for leading the group to each destination and ensuring their safety along the way.
- Troubleshoot any issues or problems that may arise i.e. flat tires, broken chains, etc.
- Provide a general check to ensure bikes are in good condition (i.e. tire pressure) as participants arrive.
- Prior to each ride the Cycling Guide must go through safety tips, cycling signals and what to do in case in need of help.
- Review hand signals with participants.
- Inform participants to the rules of the road that must be adhered to.
Click here for full job posting.
Interested applicants, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have or know of any employment opportunities within the ‘Ontario’s Southwest’ region, please email JT Uppal with the information.